IQAir’s crowdsourced air quality monitoring network has exposed air pollution in communities around the world in the several years since the AirVisual Pro air quality monitor was launched through a successful crowdfunding campaign.
But the journey is far from over.
Air pollution is the leading environmental health hazard facing our planet, affecting a staggering 92% of our population and leading to at least 7 million deaths each year.
Awareness is growing, but air pollution is often difficult to see or quantify, and tackling the problem can be complex. Specific measurements are needed to reveal how pollution affects different areas, and different communities must respond to the problem in different ways.
Become a public air pollution data contributor today.
The AirVisual Pro air quality monitor is designed to help improve your health with air quality knowledge and forecasting.
With unprecedented accuracy and a highly accessible user interface, the AirVisual Pro’s outdoor air quality readings can be broadcast globally, providing reliable air quality data to communities anywhere and bringing us all one step closer to breathing the cleanest air possible around the world.
Want to join the revolution? Set up your AirVisual Pro as a public air quality station with these four quick steps.
1. Choose a location
The optimal location for your AirVisual Pro public monitoring station includes:
- Access to an electrical outlet and dependable Wi-Fi connection.
- An outdoor location sheltered from direct sunlight, rain, and winds.
- A sheltered location, such as a porch, covered patio, under an awning, or in an open garage.
- Steady, natural airflow around the device.
- Position no higher than 30 feet.
- Away from localized pollution sources, such as cigarette smoke or outdoor grills.
2. Submit device location details and configuration photos
Click here for full instructions on how to submit your device location and configuration photos.
We’ll make sure your configuration is suitable and offer suggestions for any necessary adjustments.
3. Data validation
Wait about 1-2 weeks for IQAir to analyze the readings before publishing your device's data to the public air quality map.
4. Congrats! You’re now an outdoor air quality data contributor.
Now, your friends, family, neighbors, and air quality enthusiasts around the world can view and act on live data from your community’s air.
AirVisual: Effecting change at the highest levels
Since AirVisual Pro was first deployed, we’ve witnessed incredible achievements from community networks and activists taking local air quality into their own hands.
- In Pakistan, one activist kickstarted an air quality monitoring revolution by publishing the first live readings of air pollution data in Pakistan, leading to a landmark court case that shaped government smog policy.
- In the Philippines, a socially-conscious enterprise installed AirVisual Pro monitors in its nationwide network of clean fuel stations. Now, the government of the Philippines is supporting a new national air quality improvement framework using AirVisual data.
From Nigeria to Morocco, Thailand to Alaska, Siberia to Saudi Arabia, people around the world are publishing their communities onto the air pollution map, helping people make informed decisions and making local pollution hard to ignore.
Today, you become a part of it.
Questions? Get in touch
Contact us and our team of Air Quality Experts. We’re happy to answer any of your questions and help get your community online.
Note: Per regulations, non-government data is prohibited in China. No data from AirVisual monitors within China national borders is made public.
Air Quality Life is brought to you by The IQAir Group, the world’s leading innovator of Indoor Air Quality solutions since 1963. This online publication is designed to educate and inform the public about the latest research and news affecting indoor and outdoor air quality.